About the Role
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Copywriter who works alongside the executive staff and Marketing Team of volunteers and missionaries to help execute the organization’s marketing and communications strategy and accomplishes the daily work needed to support brand efforts and increase recognition of NAAMC’s impact as a global leader in missions.
• Helps to develop and execute the marketing & communications strategy.
• Creates, edits, and distributes brand-aligned, clear, concise, and impactful public communications.
• Writes, edits, and proofreads text for internal and external communications and publications.
• Assists with communication execution.
• Drafts communications that drive fundraising help and help to disseminate.
• Monitors and develops weekly/monthly reporting on communications impact.
• Positive, solutions-oriented with a strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders, partners, and teammates.
• Nimble, can-do attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them accurately and on schedule.
• Willingness to embrace change and adapt to strategy on the fly.
• Willingness to listen to feedback from others and find the best ways to incorporate that feedback.
• Flexibility to deal with unanticipated projects.
• Self-motivated, good at taking initiative, and comfortable operating under a degree of ambiguity.
• Passionate about missions and NAAMC’s mission and vision.
• Clear, concise and accurate copywriting skills.
• Experience writing for the web, print brochures, fundraising, and newsletters.
Minimum Requirements: Undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field and 3-5 years of experience.
A strong understanding of what makes a powerful narrative and how to communicate that narrative across multiple platforms.
Clear and effective communication, writing and presentation skills.
Experience working with the press/writing press releases.
Training and experience in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
Ability to demonstrate the personal and emotional impact of our work, as well as the data surrounding the measurable outcomes.
Experience managing project details with multiple timelines and deliverables.
Proficient in Trello, Microsoft Office, & Google Drive.
Proficiency in Excel, including knowledge and understanding of intermediate Excel skills necessary to organize data.
Strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal & external stakeholders, supporters, and teammates.
Hybrid Remote Work Opportunity
About the Company
The National African American Missions Council (NAAMC) is a 501(c)(3) working tirelessly to transform people into effective advocates in establishing a global missions ministry within their local church. We promote short-term experiences in missions that often lead to long-term service. We equip church influencers and innovators to help revive the African American missions focus and take action towards keeping their church engaged in the Great Commission.
The National African American Missions Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.